Vesper Martini Recipe
Here you'll find out how to make a Vesper Martini cocktail, including tips & tricks to get truly professional results.
Synonymous with Ian Fleming's James Bond, the Vesper Martini recipe is recited by Bond to a bartender in Casino Royale. Named after Bond's doomed lover Vesper Lynd, the Vesper Martini is certainly boozy, offering a slightly smoother, a little sweeter & perhaps more flavourful experience than a regular Dry Martini.
- Our Rating: 5
- Difficulty: Easy
- Character: Aperitif Boozy
- Occasions: Pre Dinner In A Casino
- Preparation Time: 1 min
Vesper Martini Ingredients
|London Dry Gin
Garnish with a Lemon peel twist.
How to Make a Vesper Martini
- Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker containing ice & shake.
- Strain into the stemmed cocktail glass.
- Twist a fairly large swathe of Lemon peel over the surface of the drink & gently drop into the drink.
Fun Facts About the Vesper Martini
- The Vesper Martini is sometimes called the "Vesper" or - for people who known its origins - the "Vesper Lynd Martini".
- The Vesper Martini is one of the New-Era cocktails officially recognised by the International Bartenders Association.