Original Planter's Punch Recipe
Here you'll find out how to make a Original Planter's Punch cocktail, including tips & tricks to get truly professional results.
The Planter's Punch was very much the punch of the caribbean plantations in the 18 & 19th Centuries. The original recipe here uses the "Old Plantation" formula & is sweeter than more modern versions.
- Our Rating: 4
- Difficulty: Medium
- Character: Refreshing Sweet
- Occasions: In The Caribbean
- Preparation Time: 3 min
Original Planter's Punch Ingredients
Garnish with slice of Orange & sprig of Mint.
How to Make a Original Planter's Punch
- Build all the ingredients into an ice-filled shaker & shake vigorously.
- Strain into a high-ball, old-fashioned or hurricane glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with the sprig of Mint & slice of Orange placed on the rim of the glass.
Fun Facts About the Original Planter's Punch
- The Old Plantation formula given by the Myer's Company (maker of the original planter's punch rum) was 1 sour (lemon or lime), 2 sweet (sugar), 3 strong (rum) & 4 weak (ice & water).
- The American Plantation formula given by the Myer's Company was 1 sweet (sugar), 2 sour (lemon or lime), 3 weak (ice & water) & 4 strong (rum).