Espresso Martini Recipe
Here you'll find out how to make a Espresso Martini cocktail, including tips & tricks to get truly professional results.
The Espresso Martini cocktail was created by Dick Bradsell for a customer who allegedly asked for something that would "wake her up, & f*** her up", hence the combination of vodka & strong espresso coffee.
- Our Rating: 4.5
- Difficulty: Medium
- Character: Refreshing
- Occasions: After Dinner Evening
- Preparation Time: 5 min
Espresso Martini Ingredients
Garnish with 3 coffee beans.
How to Make a Espresso Martini
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker filled with ice & shake well.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled cocktail Martini glass.
- Carefully place three coffee beans on top of the drink for garnish & serve.
Tips & Tricks Making a Espresso Martini
- Add the sugar syrup to taste - this will ensure good balance with the bitterness of the coffee you're using.
- Prepare the espresso coffee in advance & allow to cool naturally. Because it is slightly acidic, espresso coffee can be prepared in advance & stored in a refrigerator for a number of days.
- Do not add ice to hot coffee if you can avoid it. Adding ice to hot coffee makes the coffee very bitter - as cold-brew coffee aficionados will tell you.
Fun Facts About the Espresso Martini
- The espresso martini is one of the New Era IBA cocktails officially recognised by the International Bartenders Association(IBA). The recipe above is in agreement with the espresso martini IBA recipe.
- In the english language the "espresso" is so often mistakenly called "expresso" that it now appears in the dictionary as a quirky variant, so it is perfectly acceptable to ask for an expresso martini the next time you're out.