Moscow Mule Recipe
Here you'll find out how to make a Moscow Mule cocktail, including tips & tricks to get truly professional results.
Combining Vodka, Lime & spicy Ginger Beer, the Moscow Mule is a refreshing cocktail. "It leaves you breathless" according to the 1947 advertising slogan.
- Our Rating: 4
- Difficulty: Medium
- Character: Refreshing
- Occasions: Sunny Day
- Preparation Time: 5 min
Moscow Mule Ingredients
|fill to top
Garnish with a sprig of Mint.
How to Make a Moscow Mule
- Squeeze the Lime Wedges into the drinking glass or cup, dropping the shells into the glass.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice & pour over the Vodka.
- Top up with Ginger Beer.
- Garnish with a sprig of Mint & serve with a straw.
Fun Facts About the Moscow Mule
- The idea behind the Moscow Mule came about when the owner of the Cock 'n' Bull Saloon in Los Angeles was herd complaining about not being able to shift his stock of Ginger Beer. Overhead by John Martin, an employee of Heublein & Co (USA), whom owned the rights to Smirnoff vodka on the West Coast. The two entrepreneurs mixed Vodka with Ginger Beer & a dash of Lime juice to create the Moscow Mule.
- The idea behind serving the Moscow Mule in a distinctive copper mug was originally a gimmick, yet today feels wrong if served in anything but.