Modern Planter's Punch Recipe
Here you'll find out how to make a Modern Planter's Punch cocktail, including tips & tricks to get truly professional results.
The Planter's Punch was very much the punch of the caribbean plantations in the 18 & 19th Centuries. The recipe here is a more modern take on the original punch, incorporating two types of Rum, Triple Sec & Fruit Juices.
- Our Rating: 5
- Difficulty: Medium
- Character: Refreshing Sweet
- Occasions: In The Caribbean
- Preparation Time: 5 min
Modern Planter's Punch Ingredients
Garnish with slice of Orange, Maraschino Cherry & sprig of Mint.
How to Make a Modern Planter's Punch
- Build all the ingredients except the dark Rum into an ice-filled shaker & shake vigorously.
- Strain into a hurricane glass filled with ice, & carefully float the dark rum on top of the drink by pouring it over the back of a spoon.
- Garnish with the sprig of Mint, Maraschino Cherry & slice of Orange placed on the rim of the glass.
Fun Facts About the Modern Planter's Punch
- The Old Plantation formula given by the Myer's Company (maker of the original planter's punch rum) was 1 sour (lemon or lime), 2 sweet (sugar), 3 strong (rum) & 4 weak (ice & water).
- The American Plantation formula given by the Myer's Company was 1 sweet (sugar), 2 sour (lemon or lime), 3 weak (ice & water) & 4 strong (rum).